Monday, July 07, 2008

...Starting over again and other musings....
















Since my last post a lot has happened in my little universe. I've moved to the other side of the state and travelled to places I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.

I have taken my first cruise and travelled half-way around the world to Switzerland, Fineland, Germany, Estonia, Russia and Denmark. (Hence the pix.)

I've learned many important lessons in the last couple of years that apply no matter where you are or where you go:

Musings. . .


1) No person can make you happy. True happiness comes from within.

2) When you are truly happy with yourself, you can be okay anywhere God places you.

3) People will disappoint you.

4) It's important to be able to forgive those who disappoint you because anger makes your heart hard and destroys your happiness and peace.

5) God is the only one who can give you peace.

6) When I don't nurture my relationship with God I depend way too much on myself.

7) It's important to be present right where you are and who you are with - each moment with someone you love is a gift - treasure it.

8) What you say matters, but how you live your life matters more and says who you really are.

9) No matter what, no matter who, I know that God loves me and I am never, ever alone.

10) I have way too much "stuff." It's important to be able to travel light.

2 Comments:

Blogger Goofy Chic said...

Hey, Lady,

Man, sounds as if you and I need to get togther and share adventures. I too went on my first cruise last year, going on another this year. Can't wait. Call me sometime.

ann

11:50 AM  
Blogger morganrenee said...

Wow... that's good stuff, Mom!!
Oh, and I LOVE that pic of Grandma!!! aaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha
Don't forget to post about China!!
LOVE YOUUUUS!!!
*morgs

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home